If you are a foreign driver


Your Training in other EU countries

If you have completed Driver CPC training in another EU country, this training might be accepted as part the training you have to complete in Ireland. You can contact the RSA to confirm this.

What you need to send

You need to include:

  • a copy of the front and back of your current valid driving licence 
  • your name and address
  • your phone number
  • your email address
  • your original training certificates from another EU country

You must include the original documents - photocopies are not accepted.


Where to send the documents

Driver Education Section
Road Safety Authority
Moy Valley Business Park
Primrose Hill
Co. Mayo

Documents that are not in English

You need to send documents with an English translation on headed paper from an educational organisation or embassy.

After we review your documents

Once your documents have been verified, we can then tell you if any of the training you have completed in another EU country can be accepted as part of your periodic training in Ireland. 

We will contact you to let you know how much of the Irish Driver CPC syllabus you still need to complete to get your Irish Driver CPC card. We will also return your original documents at this point.