Brexit and Tachograph Cards


If you hold a UK/NI driving licence for a truck or bus, are a resident of Ireland, and obtained your tachograph driver card from the Road Safety Authority (RSA), you should exchange your UK/NI driving licence for an Irish one. The driver should apply to the NDLS now using this link

To qualify for an Irish Tachograph card, you must:

• Have a valid Irish or EU driving licence with higher vehicle categories;
• Be a resident of Ireland with a PPS number.

Once you have exchanged your UK/NI licence, then, you are advised to apply online for a new/first time Tachograph Driver card, so that the new driver licence number is recorded on the driver card. A driver who fails to exchange the driver card could be subject to potential delays at roadside checks in the State or elsewhere.

Click here to see detailed FAQs on Brexit and Digital Tachograph