Friday, February 27, 2015
Road Safety Alert – Weather Warning Issued with Strong Winds
Monday, February 23, 2015
23rd February 2015: The Road Safety Authority (RSA) is advising all road users to take extreme care when using the roads as Met Éireann has issued a orange weather alert warning of winds of up to 65 to 80 km/h for exposed coastal and hilly areas of Donegal, Galway, Leitrim, Mayo, Sligo, Clare, Cork, Kerry and Limerick from today until Tuesday morning.
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
• 630 cyclists injured in 2012 a ten year high
• Three quarters of cyclists injured in 2012 were male, while over half were aged 25-49
• Cyclist injuries peaked during May to September, evening and morning rush-hour are the times when cyclists are most likely to be injured
• Over 8 in 10 cyclist injuries occurred in built up rather than in rural areas
• 200% increase in spinal trauma from cycling injuries in the National Spinal Centre
Friday, February 06, 2015
The RSA notes the release of figures indicating that the number of Gardaí in the Traffic Corps has fallen from 1,200 in 2009 to approximately 750 in 2014. This drop in Traffic Corps numbers is a very worrying trend.
Thursday, February 05, 2015
The National Programme Office for Traffic Medicine launches a public consultation process for Medical Fitness to Drive Assessments