Our brand new customer portal, MyRoadSafety is now live. It gives you access to all of our digital services, including a new and improved driving test booking system.

MyRoadSafety allows you to safely manage your driver information, test bookings, permits and licences from the comfort of your own home.  

Waiting for a Test Date?

When you register with MyRoadSafety you can set your driving goal. If no suitable test dates are available you will be presented with a facility to be placed on a waiting list. When new driving test slots become available you will be contacted to advise you of this and invite you to log onto MyRoadSafety to make your driving test booking.

Need a test urgently?

If you are an essential worker and require an urgent test in connection with that work, then you can request a test here.  

Commercial Vehicle Roadworthiness Testing

The Commercial Vehicle Roadworthiness Test (CVRT) is a roadworthiness test for all commercial vehicles, buses with more than eight passenger seats and ambulances, all over one year old. Find out more about how to book a CVRT and what the test entails.


Update on RSA Services affected by move to Level 5 Covid19 Restrictions

The Commercial Vehicle Roadworthiness Testing service (CVRT) has been identified as an essential service and centres remain open. Anyone with an appointment to attend a CVRT centre should attend as normal and are exempt from Level 5 travel restrictions.

It may be useful to bring proof of your appointment if stopped by a member of An Garda Síochána on your way to your test. See here for frequently asked questions about COVID-19 and the resumption of Commercial Vehicle Roadworthiness Testing.

Commercial vehicle owners have the responsibility to ensure their vehicle(s) are maintained in a roadworthy condition when used on a public road. Further information on vehicle maintenance can be found here.


What is the CVRT?

Information about the Commercial Vehicle Roadworthiness Test benefits and what it involves.

Operator Self Declaration

All operators of Heavy Commercial Vehicles (HCVs) are required by law to make an online ‘Self-Declaration’ to the RSA in relation to their Heavy Goods Vehicles, Goods trailers, Buses and Ambulances.

Book a HCV test

HCVs must take a commercial vehicle test every year to renew their commercial vehicle certificate of roadworthiness. Vehicles that fail the test must repair their failure items before they can be re-tested.

Book a LCV test

LCVs are required to take a commercial vehicle test every year to renew their commercial vehicle certificate of roadworthiness. Vehicles that fail must have failure items repaired before they can be re-tested.

Test Centre Locations

Find your nearest test centre

Book a Motor Caravan test

Find out more about roadworthiness testing of Motor Caravans.

Certificate of Roadworthiness

This page explains what a certificate of roadworthiness (CRW) is, why you need one and what to do if you lose one


A summary of the regulations that apply to the testing of commercial vehicles 

Carrying Dangerous Goods (ADR)

Any vehicle which carries or transports dangerous goods is required by law to meet certain detailed technical requirements.