Online application requirements
Before applying for your driving test online:
- Verify that you are eligible to sit your test?6 month rule.
- Make sure you have taken the lessons mandatory for certain motorcyclists (IBT) or car drivers (EDT).
- Know your current, valid driver number.
- Know your PPS number?this can be found on tax documents or your pay slip and it is often on correspondence from a social welfare or tax office.
- You must have a valid debit, laser or credit card (Visa and Mastercard are currently accepted).
Once youfve made sure you satisfy the above requirements, you can:
When applying for a test online, you may schedule a test for yourself if one is available. You may also change your test date if a scheduled date or time does not suit you.
If you are having problems applying for your test online, you can contact our driving test section by emailing DrivingTest@rsa.ie or by telephoning:
Within Ireland 1890 40 60 40; outside Ireland 00353-9625000
Monday- Thursday (excluding Bank Holidays), 08:00-17:30
Friday, 8:00 -17:15